Sunday 2 August 2009

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

I'm tired of me.
I see where I don't match up to the standards God expects, the standards I expect, the standards my family expects.
The world tries to offer help by lowering the bar of expectations - you're good enough. But that doesn't match with what the Bible teaches, for our God is a Holy God.
Then I see what the Bible does teach – ‘let us fix our eyes on Jesus’ (Hebrews 12:2).

It's not about me, and my achievements or failings. It's all about Him.
He is the author of our faith -
He created it,
He is the source of it,
He initiated it,
He gave Himself for it.
He is the perfecter of our faith -
because of who He is and what He did, today we can come into the presence of God and be acceptable in His sight - because by faith we are clothed in the righteousness of Jesus.
The Bible exhorts us to look up and away from ourselves, and focus on Jesus:
who created all things
for whom all things were created
who is before all things
in whom all things hold together
in whom all things will be reconciled to God (Col 1: 16-20)

the author and perfecter of our faith.’ (Hebrews 12:2)
As we do this, we will find our hope is strengthened, as we realise it is not based on us and our weakness and sinfulness, but on Christ and His strength and perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment